Monday, November 30, 2009

A realization..

TJ is not a Dom. He's not a Master, nor is he a Top. TJ is simply TJ.

I came to this realization yesterday while I was cleaning the upstairs of our little two bedroom duplex. I called down "Can you please look for that mini blind attachment I bought for the vacuum?" and he said sure. A few minutes later I heard him screwing around with the kids. "Are you looking or playing?" I called down.

"I'm looking!"
"Liar!"
....laughter.

Now, I'm not saying that people in true D/s, M/s, or such relationships don't have similar conversations or playful banter, they might or might not. I don't think it was the words of our conversation that brought about my realization...but perhaps the situation...not sure what exactly.

What I came to realize at that moment is that TJ will never give a good damn if I shave or don't shave. He probably wouldn't even notice if I was wearing panties to bed or not on most nights, and most likely doesn't have a preference, anyway. He doesn't notice any act of submission on my part unless it something that he is looking for in a sexual way (That I've noticed).

A few months ago I mentioned that we were taking DD to a deeper level. Well...that fizzled out within a few weeks. At first I thought it was because I had lost my "mojo" or something but now I think I know what happened. I think I simply saw it for what it was: a one sided relationship.

As much as I enjoyed exploring my submissive side in that way, on that level, I was alone in it. He was merely a spectator who would throw out a command now and then if I became a bit stagnant. He told me he was into it, that he had ideas of his own to implement, but when I pressed him to tell me or to talk with me about it he only said "I have to work it out in my head first," I backed off, I gave him the space he required and stopped asking him because it was what he wanted. Truth of the matter: there were no ideas. There was only the empty promise of a deeper level in our relationship that never came to pass.

I didn't drag him down that road. I stood to the side and tried to follow...but there was nothing to follow. So I stood on that road alone and waited and waited and waited. He is still the head of our household and has been consistent with all of our original rules and such but that is the level in which he lives.

I realized last night that I will never have that deeper level with him that I crave. He will never care about my routine, my habits, or anything other than if I've done the shopping, washed his underwear and kept the kids all safe and fed while he was at work. Do I want someone to micromanage my every single move: no, but maybe a little micro managing here and there would be nice.

Tomorrow, I go back to work full time. This is not a decision we took lightly and to be honest I hate that I'm doing it. I want to be home. I want to be home with my kids, but the economy being what it is; I'm back at work for at least a year. (There's background here but I'm not going into it) So, now there is really next to no hope for anything "more" happening. In fact, there is a real chance that what we have already in relation to DD will fade away all together.

I hope I'm not coming off as angry or disrespectful towards TJ. I love him. It's just..last night I realized that what I have is all I'm going to have when it comes to Domination/submission. I love TJ and this wont' change that. It's just...well....yesterday I had hope....today I have reality.

6 comments:

Meow said...

Things seem bleak right now - that's the way it sounds, anyway. Our DD has never gone where i thought it would go, but it has evolved into something that we can live with. It may change again someday and so may yours. I hope that going back to work gets better as time goes by. I'll keep you in my thoughts! Meow

Sue said...

I can hear your disappointment. I hope that, however that resolves, you find your way to some kind of joy.

swan

Joanna said...

I'm so sorry. I'm having the same problem here. I wish men had an instruction book that would tell us where that HOH button is so we could give it a firm push. Would save us so much grief!

Joanna

daisy said...

I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged. I think that is something many of us struggle with. I know that for me, personally, there are times where I think some of the exact same things you mentioned. Hopefully, if you talk to him about it, maybe you two can get to a point that brings you both happiness.

Sue said...

I've been thinking a lot about this post and your clear sense of disappointment and resignation, and I am wondering how much of this is about a lack of dominant inclinations on the part of your partner, and how much of it is grounded in expectations that you have about what "true" dominance would involve. I'm not saying that is what is happening here, but I wonder if you and he have not been set up for failure by a fantasy laden Internet version of what TTWD is all about.

swan

Measha said...

Swan, I think you might be right. I mentioned this to TJ in a round about way, but we are both under the weather right now so I doubt any actual conversation will happen this week.

Sometimes I am grateful for the internet and the volumes of information that is to be found...other times I think it is a curse to have so much information at my fingertips. The grass is always greener..that sort of thing.....

Or maybe I'm disappointed at my own level of submission.. I don't rightly know right now...