Saturday, November 28, 2009

Spanking good office meeting

Last week I had a staff meeting at work. Meetings are usually pretty boring and mostly about how the doctor isn't getting as rich as he'd like to be getting, so I wasn't exactly thrilled to be in attendance. I work with a pretty light hearted group that every now and then will be a little off color, which does break up the crazy schedule of patients.

The first thing the doctor mentioned was that there were three new employees at the meeting since we had last gotten together. He then asked who was in charge of bringing the paddles for the initiations! One of the billers chuckled and said that she had forgotten the paddle at home. The new male employee added that he had been looking forward to the spankings but understood if they could not take place that day. A few more humorous comments were made in the same the fashion, all relating to spanking.

I sat in the back corner of the room with, I'm sure, a fierce blush and did my very best to look bored with the conversation, as if my jollity over the topic would give away my favorite past time to all of my co-workers.

So, you see, spanking is not a taboo, I think it is a hell of a lot more common than people will admit.

4 comments:

Luna Mauvaise said...

I would have been freaking out, wondering if they had all read my blog. LOL

Hermione said...

I wouldn't have known whether to act amused, interested, bored or mystified.

Any openings in your office?

Hugs,
Hermione

Meow said...

I have a love/hate relationship with these kinds of situations. I love hearing other people talk naturally about spanking, but it makes me feel like I'll give myself away somehow! It's always awkward, isn't it? Meow

daisy said...

That's funny. I don't know what I would've said or done. Like Meow said, I would be worried that I would somehow give myself away. Pretty funny stuff though.