Sunday, April 11, 2010

Clothing.


Yesterday, I talked briefly about the change of clothing. I have put away my jeans and sweats and replaced them with skirts and a dress. At first I did this simply at a suggestion from another woman, not really thinking it would make that much of a difference. Wow! I was wrong! Taking off my scrubs and slipping into a skirt really does transform my mindset. I can't really say that I feel more "subbie" when I have a skirt on...well...maybe that is a good way to say it. I do know that I feel much more feminine. I do feel more soft natured and am way more mindful of who and what I am. I know...seems kinda silly to get all those feelings simply by donning a skirt; however that's how it's been. I walk slower, sway my hips a bit more, and am more conscience of my posture. Cos, if you are going to wear a pretty skirt and a nice top you need to make sure you aren't popping out of places you don't want to be popping out of. And really....what's the point of a nice outfit if you are all wrinkled and have mustard stains on your shirt? I put on makeup every day now. I used to put on make up one day and even though I washed my face, there seemed to always be a little left behind. So I could put on mascara and eyeliner on Monday and wouldn't really need to re-apply until Wed or Thursday..I know...not the most girlish behavior. Now, I make sure I have washed all of the makeup off each day and re-apply a fresh face. I only wear eye liner and mascara..maybe some eyeshadow so it's not that big of a deal to do it daily, I have learned. TJ doesn't like tons of make up...so I don't do the full face thing...I don't think I would know how, anyway. I've also started wearing a necklace and earrings every day. I'm telling you, all of these things have really got my mind in a better place...which is just kinda silly to me. To look better is to feel better?? I've always believed that the clothing does not make the person...perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps, I was wrong about a lot of things.

3 comments:

Hermione said...

That's a very interesting perspective. It's amazing what clothing can do for you.

Ron would order me to go and change if I appeared in a skirt of dress, except if I was on my way to work. Go figure!

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

I understand every word of this. I love picking out clothing that will make him smile and I think a skirt or a dress has so many more posibilities than jeans.
I am writing this in tracksuit bottoms and a tee shirt. I will go and have a bath and put on something delightful. Thank you for the reminder.

And I don't think you were wrong, you are just changing your mind about some things- it is a woman's perogative after all.

ronnie said...

Measha,

Thank you for this post. I wear trousers and suits for work, jeans and t's far too much.
I will go home tonight from work and pick out a skirt and top ready for work in the morning, I'm sure it will please P :)

Love,
Ronnie
xx