Saturday, January 9, 2010

A revelation...been having lots of these lately

A few days ago, at work, I was working up a patient who happened to have her husband with her. I don't know what about this couple caused me to think of submission, but it did, perhaps it was their ethnicity. Either way, it brought about a whole slew of thoughts.

Would I feel these submissive feelings that I feel if it did not in some small way turn me on? Now, I do not walk around all hot and bothered because I got TJ a cup of coffee but I do feel warm and fuzzy on an intimate level that I do not feel when say getting a cup of coffee for my brother in law. If I didn't get that, if it was simply expected of me to be obedient by society and those all around me, would I still enjoy it?

For those women living in countries where they have no choice but to be submissive to their husbands, do they find any fulfillment in it or is it simply so natural to them that they don't give it another thought?

I think that because we have a choice to be submissive to our husbands or we can be "equal" (honestly, I believe there is no such thing as equal in a relationship but that's another post for another day) it makes it more...I don't know...meaningful, fulfilling?

Is it because of the intimacy in the rest of my relationship with TJ that triggers the warm and fuzzies when I do small acts for him? I no longer have a say in sex...well...I can not say "no" to sex, I should clarify (not that I ever would LOL) If I understand correctly in some cultures this is the case in most marriages, if he wants it- he gets it. Even when TJ is simply "taking" what is his, I still get such a thrill from it, such enjoyment from it that I can hardly say I am not being satisfied, on both the emotional and physical levels.

Would it be the same if this dynamic of ours did not exist? I thought to myself that it would be boring and mundane to submit to someone if these feelings that I currently have weren't there. Which leads me to another question that just popped in my head....

If something awful were to happen that left TJ unable to physically pleasure, punish, dominate me would I still be able to submit to him? Of course, I'd always take care of him and love him and be there for him, that would never change..but if there was no chance of a kinky sex night or a wonderfully bottom warming spanking would I: still 1) be able to submit to his rules, dictates and/or 2) Get as much out of it?

I would like to say yes, and I think I would. I find the mental part of domination to be just as stimulating as his touch. Often his words are enough to get me moving in the direction he desires....and there are "devices" out there to help with the physical aspect. (*insert blush and wicked smile here*)

Anyhoo... those were my thoughts. I think submitting to TJ is absolutely thrilling and I'm glad that it is my choice because I think that's partly what makes it so wonderful.

3 comments:

Hermione said...

I suspect that in places where women have no option but to serve their men, they don't get any sort of thrill from it. That's simply the way it is. I think that when we can make our own choices and choose to submit, then it becomes exciting.

Hugs,
Hermione

Katia said...

I have to agree with Hermione. I don't know if I could feel the warm and fuzzies if I was forced into submission.
I think there is a feeling of pride that comes with submitting on your own free will.
Katia

Florida Dom said...

I think it's wonderful that you're thrilled to be submitting to TJ. It's great that you're getting your needs met and that he gets his needs met by doming you.

But I doubt this is your "choice.'' I think it is the way you are wired that you're a submissive and you were fortunate to find the right person to submit to.

That's why I wouldn't compare this to women in countries -- or even our own -- who have to submit.

They don't get any warm fuzzies because they're not wired or predisposed to submit. I should clarify that can choose to submit to a certain person. Some men wouldn't be your type and you wouldn't submit to them. But my opinion is that if you didn't have this need to submit and it didn't give you a thrill, you wouldn't submit to anybody.

I think this goes both ways. Some submissives married to vanilla men often have trouble convincing them to dom them or spank them because it is not in their nature.

OK, that is my two cents worth. Feel free to disagree if you don';t agree.

FD