Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mad About You


I'm still recovering, so I have been laid up for the past few weeks and it's beyond annoying. I'm not one to lay around and have people wait on me, I can not stand it, but have for the most part followed orders. TJ has done really well with handling all of the kids and house stuff (my bathroom hasn't been cleaned in 2 weeks...but I'm letting it go...*deep breath*) so I can't complain (about things like the sink being dirty, or the ceiling fan having dust hanging from it, or that our oldest went to bed last night with chocolate on her face... lol)

Anyway, I was watching Mad About You the other day, I have the first season on DVD and was in marathon mode. I remember watching that show when it was on tv and thinking how badly I wanted my relationship to be like them. Loving, cuddling, hugging full of compromise etc...

This time I was watching it and thinking the exact opposite. I don't think I want a cuddle bug for a husband. Don't misread me...I love cuddling with TJ and I love hugging and kissing and all that. I want a rougher love though, one where if I'm being a raving lunatic TJ will simply march me to our bedroom bend me over spank me silly until I've calmed down.

I like my love to be rough and ragged and full of emotions and full of vibrant colors. Love doesn't have to be soft in order for it to be true and deep.

It was just a bit odd to remember what it was I thinking back 10 yrs or so and how I have things now and how much I love us now... we aren't all silk and lace... well a silk blindfold would be nice.

What will I think about my relationship say 10 yrs from now? Hmm... I can't wait to find out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Measha,

What a beautiful vision you've filled me with this morning. I am on your side on this one. Except I was thinking Leather and Lace, Stevie Nicks... Have a quick recovery and keep perspective (it is hard to give up control - all kinds of it!) Warm Wishes, KayLynn

Hermione said...

Oh, Leather and Lace is one of my favourites! Ron gave it to me ages ago, before we even became a couple. He's fond of Stevie Nicks. I must listen to the lyrics more closely, and very soon!

Take care of yourself and get well.

Hugs,
Hermione