Monday, December 28, 2009

Just another day...

I have been thinking a lot lately about my relationship with TJ as well as all of the terms DD, D/s, M/s... yes I know..no labeling. However...

I am not quite sure TJ and I fall in the DD category anymore. I mean it just seems that we are both interested in a control shift that falls outside the DD realm... what does that mean? Nothing probably, it really doesn't matter what we call it..in the end it's still our relationship.

Yet... I still find myself struggling with the "Oh...we can't do that...that's not DD..." or other such nonsense. I've seen some very judgmental comments thrown around regarding D/s in the DD world lately. It makes me angry, to say the least, to see the ignorant slander of a world that is merely unknown to them. Words like "games" "just kinky sex" "Playing" just get under my skin.

To be honest, some of these things that have been said make me believe I am totally outside that realm. I am not ashamed to admit that I am submissive to my husband, I don't sugar coat it, it's how I feel. Am I having a hard time getting my brain to wrap around what my heart is saying? Yes, I am have a really hard time.

One part of me wants to kneel at TJ's feet and feel every ounce of his dominance and another part of me shies away saying "No..no...just let him be HOH, that's surely enough," Amid all of my own fears and anxiety about what I'm feeling is TJ, who is surely flustered and confused about it all. I am not clear and I am confusing, to even myself, how can he possibly understand?

There are days I feel as though I am drowning because I simply can't decide which way to swim to shore. Labels aside, it's the actions that I fear now.

Will kneeling at his feet make him feel too superior? Would I lose my sense of self worth?
If I admit to letting him use me sexually does that make me less of a woman? To gain joy because I have pleased him by doing so....is that too weird?

I know..who cares what other people think: it's my relationship, my marriage, my body... but I am still learning how to ignore the outside world. When I get into this funk I really wish I had a friend who was in this kind of relationship...someone that I can go out and get coffee with and hash it all out with. Since TJ won't let me seek out anyone in our neighboring towns I will be alone in this for now...at least physically. I'm sure you all have similar fears, thoughts, or have been down this road I am traveling.

To those walking a head of me...would you mind terribly dropping a few bread crumbs along the way to help mark the way?

7 comments:

Aeon's Angel said...

Oh Maesha, I find my self in this boat to from time to time. Aeon and I are not quite DD and not all D/s. Putting a label on it for me makes it easier to identify(I tend tto be a tad OCD). My heart is 100% committed but my mind that was partialy formed by a bra burning womens libber often has a herder justification.

I wish you luck and hope you and TJ work it out. Aeon is often like TJ in that my shifting causes him confusion.

daisy said...

That is so very close to how I feel. We consider ourselves DD, but yet are leaning more and more in another direction, but not quite sure what, if anything, to call it. Funny, I was about to blog about the same thing.

Sorry I don't have any breadcrumbs for you, except that we all just have to remember to do what is right for our own relationships.

Katia said...

Measha-I don't think it is wrong how you feel. Sometimes we start a relationship in a certain matter, but with time it develops and changes.
Don't let society or anyone's views change how your heart feels.

Katia

Richard Windsor said...

Hi Measha,

Following the roaring success of the spanking universe, and after blogger deleted the original, I am happy to announce that the Spanking Universe is back. I purchased a website and you can see the new page here:

http://thespankinguniverse.com/?page_id=6

Your site has already been added and I would like to request that you update your old link to the Universe to the new link, which is:

http://thespankinguniverse.com/?page_id=6

The exact link above will direct everyone to the updates page. Let the HITS begin, we are back, bigger than ever!!

I have a lot of work to do on the format, but the new site is up and running. Let's try and build the community back as big as it was before. Only this time, it won't be deleted.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation in updating your links.

Richard Windsor.

Meow said...

Measha, We consider ourselves DD, but we make our own rules and throw in a few other things, too. It's hard to just let it be what it is. I like words to mean what they should mean, but sometimes words just don't cover a subject like this. Make up your own!
Seriously, I wish you the best in 2010 and hope you find what you're looking for. Meow

Joanna said...

Measha - kneeling at his feet is amazing. In my house, it does make him feel more powerful, which in our case he needs, since I have "made him kneel at my feet" for a long time. I don't think you lose your self-worth if you have a husband who values you. And gaining joy by being used is just a reflection of your love for him. Making yourself completely available involves an enormous amount of trust, and if he is worth it, then what greater gift can you give?

Hugs,
Joanna

LSF Admins said...

Hi,

Thought I would drop you a note about The Library of Spanking Fiction website which may be of interest to your blog readers. The site is a free online archive containing over 5,400 spanking stories by a wide variety of authors. It has sophisticated search facilities allowing you to locate the kind of spanking stories you have a particular interest in. Although still in progress, each story will have a short synopsis and be classified in terms of the implements used and the age, orientation and gender of the participants. Authors have their own pages where all there works are listed along with an optional biography and contact email address.

The URL is http://www.spankinglibrary.co.cc/


Best wishes,

Februs

p.s. the site has been reviewed here:
http://www.spankingstorybook.com/118/a-virtual-library-of-spanking-fiction/