Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!

The new year is upon us. TJ is sweating over the stove preparing our New Years Eve Seafood pig out session..that leads into our appetizer pig out session later in the evening. It has become a tradition here. He is making mussels, crab legs, crawfish (which I've never had before so this should be interesting) and shrimp cocktail (mostly for the girls). Yes, there will only be four of us eating all of this food....it's New Year's Eve, after all.

I have been thinking and thinking about a New Year's resolution and have come up with nothing. I could do the usual and go with Lose Weight, be healthier, or such but let's be realistic this year. Hey, maybe that could be my New Year's Resolution: to set more realistic goals? Uh...naaaw.

Here's what I think will be good to use.
1. Write! Write! Write! I would like to publish four novella's this upcoming year over at lulu.
2. Save, save, save and move, move, move to a larger home by the end of the year.
3. Stick with school. I've signed up for one class this upcoming semester and I would like to take one class each semester until I've finished my degree.

Ok..there you have it. Now..for the fun ones.

1. Explore my submission more deeply and honestly. Stop using labels and listen to my heart more.
2. Accept TJ's authority with more grace. Meaning taking my spankings a little bit better.
3. Be able to take the cane...TJ really likes it and I'd like to be able to handle it for him.


Ok..maybe they weren't that exciting. LOL

I hope that each of you have a wonderful New Year. May your best day of 2009 be the worst you have in 2010!

6 comments:

daisy said...

Happy New Year and best wishes on all your resolutions.

How did the crawfish go? Where I live crawfish boils are a commonly held thing in the spring/late spring. I didn't even realize you could buy live crawfish right now.

ronnie said...

Happy New Year Measha. Hope it's a good one for you.

You have some great resolutions there.

Love.
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Measha - Taking one class a semester is a great idea. You'll have your degree before you know it.

And being able to take the cane is a good one too. But you'll have to practice!

Good luck with both.

Hugs,
Hermione

P.S. I've never eaten a crawfish but I believe they are also called mudbugs. I hope you washed them :-)

Measha said...

The crawfish didn't happen last night. Apparently, I bought a bag of frozen already cooked crawfish and since we had so much food already in the process TJ decided to save them for later.

As for practice with the cane... I'm not really happily anticipating it...but am a bit anxious to try it. LOL

Katia said...

Those are some great goals Measha. Good luck with that cane. :)

Katia

Nalgas Rositas said...

I wish you the best of luck on all of your resolutions!! :)

Good luck with the cane, and all the practice that will go with it! ;)