Saturday, July 11, 2009

A spanko is a spanko...at all times

Last night I was helping to set up a community yard sale. I was walking around with my little stickers, pricing items. When I got over to the clothing accessory section I came across an old brown wide leather belt. This belt had been used...quite used. The leather was no longer stiff but had been worked rather well so that it rolled up easily.

To anyone else they may have looked at it and thought "Oh..too old," and put it back. My thought: "This would make an awesome implement. It's no good for wearing anymore...but we could hang it up in the bedroom on the wall..." and then I started to think of the spankings that would be given with that belt and I rolled it back up and put it down.

I put it down for a few reasons. 1.) I was a bit embarrassed about buying it. I know logically no one there would know why I was buying it, but I would know. 2) I promised myself that if TJ wanted something new to use he'd have to get it himself. and 3) The yard sale was in a church and I was getting a little too "excited" just holding the darn thing. I had to put it down and walk away least I embarrass myself.

Although...the sale is today. I might stop by and see if it sold......

2 comments:

Meow said...

Take TJ with you, maybe he'll want to try it out on you before buying it - oops, church sale. Maybe not! Meow

Katia said...

That post had me laughing. We went to a flea market this weekend and every chance Luke had, he was smacking me with something. I also go into stores looking at things in a whole different way than most...LOL.
Katia