Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No Take Backs

The other day I went on our online bank account to do some banking and realized that TJ hadn't paid the mortgage yet. Not a big deal, it wasn't late, it's just that it wasn't paid yet. I would normally have it paid by now but that's me. I say this now flip and calm but I must have had a bee in my bonnet that morning cos I grabbed my cell phone (which I now keep with me at all times!) and sent him a text: Are you planning on paying the mortgage anytime soon?
Then well let's just say don't text when you're upset, especial
ly when he isn't able to text back right away and his silence really only gets you more angry and then you really start to angry text.

He called me shortly after that and I asked him (more calmly) about the bill. He explained he was going to do the bills that evening and I said: "Oh, o
k. You can just ignore my texts then, just delete them, don't look at them" ( Yeah right!)

That night we had to have a "talk" about the situation. When he had informed me after dinner about what was going to come when the kids went to bed I declared it unfair since I told him NOT to read the texts and that if he did so then it was his own fault for getting upset. (which really...if you think about it...sounds kind of right)

The time for our "talk" came and as usual he turned the lights down (I don't get that but I've never asked either), closed all of the blinds (Because apparently the neighbors behind us can see through the kitchen wall and see us in the living room), and sat himself on the couch. He asked me why we were there.

"Because you read the text messages that I sent you even though I specifically asked you NOT to," I answered (because...again...it seemed pretty reasonable)

"What?" he asked with a surprised chuckle.

"I told you not to read them. It's not my fault you did anyway and got upset." I shrugged and he just stared at me with his tongue running along the inside of his lower lip (he does this when he's thinking about what to do to me)

"So you aren't taking any responsibility for your actions?" he asked pointedly (this should have been a hint...but again..I was sure I was right)

"Well, I did send the messages, but I also corrected it by telling you NOT to read them!"

"Ok," he said and stood up from the couch (Yeah!!) "Excuse me, I need to go get something." He gently pushed me aside, out of his way. "I wasn't planning on spanking you. I was going to let you off with a verbal warning..but since you won't even accept responsibility..." (OH NO!)

"Now, wait a second!" I said as he came back into the livingroom with that rubber spatula in hand

"Well, you said it was my fault," he shrugged when I tried to protest. "I was just going to explain that you have to think before you say things or text them, then you just went and proved my point."

"You should have told me I was off the hook, then I would have answered differently," I argued which made him raise his eyebrow (again...another hint that I ignored)

"What do you mean?"

"I would have told you what you wanted to hear....." and this is where I realized that I had dug myself a hole and was standing right in the middle of it. So, over the arm of the couch I went (Because he still won't put me over his lap after that last episode where I threw out his back with my wiggling...) and on went the spanking.


All in all it wasn't a horrible spanking, it actually was just right for the offense. I think. And afterwards we were upstairs going to bed and I said blantantly that I wanted sex. I had warned him earlier and now it was time. WEG He sighed, undressed, and got in bed. (he loves to act like its such a chore having a wife who is constantly in the mood...but he loves it!)


"You don't think it's strange to have sex right after you punished me?" I asked him once I was under the covers with him.

He was kissing my neck and replied "No, but I do find it strange to have sex when you're wearing your panties, take them off!" (cos I had left only them on LOL..)


So moral of the story:

1. You can't take back a text message.

2. Think before you act..because see #1

3. Panties are better left off when having sex!

3 comments:

M:e said...

You sure know how to dig a hole lovely one!!

smiles, love and hugs xxx

Brooke D said...

I can totally relate to this situation, all of it! Don't you just hate when your mouth doesn't say the right things? And it's not like we say this stuff on purpose....:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Measha:
Great post....I've dug a hole like that many times and the harder I try to get out, the deeper it gets. Alls well the ends well tho :)
Take care
AG