Friday, August 14, 2009

Back from Vacation!!

Lumber Jack Pictures, Images and Photos
I haven't totally disappeared, I was just on vacation. We took our first family vacation this past week and it was completely relaxing and awesome just spending time together. The week prior to our little vacation I worked A LOT and had no time to blog, read, write, or even sit for a second. Butt, I'm back, unpacked and have TONS to say.

We went camping with the kids this week for our vacation. In order to cook our food TJ had to start a fire in the fire pit, but first he had to chop the wood. I don't think I've seen anything hotter then watching my hubby chop firewood for us. He thought I was nuts when I told him that I was seriously aroused by the scene but played along with it all week. "If you get me a soda I'll chop more wood for you," LOL

I think it's because it was such a basic manly thing to do. I asked him if I could try chopping some wood and he said "No," I looked at him like he was being silly. "C'mon, let me try it," I said reaching for the small ax. "I said no, don't ask again" *very stern tone along with a look* I backed off and didn't ask again. I think it was also a turn on because the two other families that were camping near by couldn't keep their fires lit very well. I heard the men complaining about the wood being too wet and that no matter how much lighter fluid they used the wood just wasn't getting hot enough. TJ didn't use any lighter fluid so I watched them build their fires and I watched TJ..... TJ seemed to know what he was doing (My boyscout!) and the other men did not seem to know much about it.

I'm not much for completely roughing it, so half way through the week we moved camp sites so that our cabin would have a washroom. I don't require a private shower, sink, stove, or any other modern convience, I just require a toliet (that is not a 7 minute walk uphill to get to). As do our toddler girls who wouldn't go near the port a poty. Anyway, at our second cabin we were closer to a section of the park where (for what reason I have no idea) they had a bunch of blow up christmas decorations set up so that you could walk through and see the different blow up santas, reindeer, or snow men. Well, at night when it was dark I wanted to see it all lit up so I asked TJ if I could take the short walk over to the site.

It was only about half a block down from us, but it was dark and the kids were all in bed so we couldn't both go at the same time. He told me to take a flash light and the whistle. I grabbed them and headed off. Unfortunately, the creepy blow ups weren't up during the night, so I had made the trip for nothing. When I got back TJ asked if I had the whistle. I showed it to him and he nodded with a grin.

"Did you think I wouldn't bring it?"
"I wasn't really sure. I thought you'd think it was silly and wouldn't do it," he admitted.
"I know that you are only looking out for my safety, and besides...you said to," I shrugged and put the whistle back in the cabin and joined him by the fire. I think he was somewhat surprised that I had obeyed such a simple order. This tells me that he still has his doubts about my obedience, and probably with good reason. This will be something to work on.





No comments: