Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The beginning of my journey

I wanted to take the opportunity to first introduce myself. My name is Measha and I'm married to a wonderful guy named TJ. We've been married for 10 years and have 3 beautiful children. We met in highschool and married shortly after I graduated. TJ joined the military and we were off to Europe for a 4 year tour.

During these years we grew up a lot. We became adults and in some ways we grew together and others we grew a part. I knew there was something I wanted out of our marriage out of our relationship that I wasn't getting, but I had no clue what it was. To say the least, our marriage was troubled. We fought constantly, almost always over who was in control. It was one big tug of war. I would fight for power and get angry when I won it. Then I stumbled across DD (domestic discipline) and it was the biggest eye opener I think I've ever had. It was exactly what I wanted. Me not be in control? Him the Head of the House? It sounded great!

Putting it into practice however was very hard. First I had to tell him what I had found. I had to ask my husband to spank me for being disrespectful, rude, etc. It took us a long time to find the right level of DD that fit our relationship. We jumped all over the place from nothing to what was basically BDSM, to S&M type relationship, back to simple DD, then to LDD. Needless to say it has been a very frusterating and hard journey to get where we are. It took us 8 yrs to find the right level of DD that is perfect for us. Now that we have found it, our marriage is blossoming.
We communicate so much better. I don't jump to insult when I'm hurt as much anymore. I say "as much" because I'm not perfect. I still do stupid things, say hurtful things and am disrespectful at times. I think I've gotten much better but it is still the number one thing we are working on. He has also grown into the HOH role. We aren't perfect, we don't have this whole DD thing down pat, but we are working on it. We have the same common goals now, and it has helped our relationship and our love for each other grow.

So there it is. That's me, at least a small part of me.

No comments: