Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Return.

I have stayed away from my blog for too long. I would like to say it's because of how busy I was with school and work, but that's not entirely the truth. The truth of the matter is that I have been hiding. I thought if I just hid from my blog and others like it, there might still be hope of a return for me. I thought that if I just pushed all of this out of my head it would go away. The urge to belong to someone (really belong) would diminish. The dark fantasies would fade away into the shadows in which I hid myself.

I was also afraid. I was afraid to admit anywhere outside of my own head that things were bad. Fear of boring my readers with yet another downfall of the never ending roller coaster that seems to be my life. I felt that I was beginning to sound like a broken record "Things are bad...Things are good...things are bad...etc" or worse yet- I'd come off as wining.

Although I still fear doing those things and do wish I could flip a switch to make me different, I'm here.

Things are a horrible mess. I would like to say it's just because of the D/s but it's way messier than that. TJ has always had trouble with procrastination., He's the reason stores are open on Christmas eve. "The way to Christmas shop is in a panicked frenzy!" he loves to say as he dashes from store to store. This is how he deals with everything: oil changes, tire fill ups, calling the cell phone company about a bill, getting the driveway guy the blue prints for the job we paid him to do, etc.

Things that I should be able to depend on him to handle -he can't or won't. We've lost the deposit on the driveway (that is badly needed) because he wouldn't let the guy handle getting the permit from the village and insisted on doing it himself- which he never got around to doing. We've had to pay fines to the village because of the driveway not being done, not to mention all the monies gone to late fees and bounced checks because he doesn't seem to have time to balance his checkbook and won't allow me to do any of it. The more I try to depend on him, to stay out of his way, to let him lead, the more often I fall right on my face.

I could do it all myself...and have in the past, which leaves me feeling alone. The way I feel right now is that I'm lonely, and very much alone. i don't have anyone to help me with the day to day stuff, the living together stuff, the couple stuff and I don't have anyone to live a D/s relationship with but I'm not free to pursue anything that will result in finding someone to share those things with.

The inability to rely on him has resulted in a complete breakdown of trust in him. He promises to do something-then doesn't- over and over and over again...I don't trust him. I can't depend on him and it's left me feeling "platonic" towards him. Sex is even more rare than ever and it's mostly because I'm not even trying anymore..and when he tries I'm very far from being in the mood.

The idea of having sex or doing anything sexual with him in the "submissive" mind frame actually irritates me now. I can not have sex with him simply because he wants it like I used to. It used to turn me on having him wake me up for sex, now I'm just annoyed. The other night he was having his way with me (I was too tired to argue or say no) and I just kept thinking "Hurry up! Would you just finish!" ....it was horrible.

The thought of him spanking me is laughable at this point. I would no sooner allow him to do such a thing than I would some stranger on the street.

Everything I want, the rules, the structure, the security is not going to happen with him. He can not even take care of himself let alone me... there is absolutely no trust. The foundation of our relationship is completely broken. The D/s is dead and buried and the vanilla relationship sucks- at best. I don't want a vanilla relationship...I just don't. I have needs and wants and he can't fulfill them. Nor can I fulfill his vanilla wants and needs.

We are in a horrible place and the longer it goes on the further away I move from him. He knows it, and sees it and we've talked and talked and talked. I've made it damn clear on what needs to happen and he says "it will take time...give me time" but it has been months since we started these talks. We separated our checking accounts over a month ago, along with it the bills. He has not paid a single bill. Not one.

I'm not sure how much longer our marriage is going to last. He tells me he loves me at least 10 times a day, he calls me to tell me, he texts me... he doesn't get it. Love isn't the problem. Well, maybe in some way it is. I don't feel love like a vanilla woman does.

So there it is. I'm miserable, he's miserable. It's all screwed up so badly I don't see much hope that things will improve. I've tried everything I can try, I can not make him do what he wont' do. I can't make him grow up. But I can't allow him to drag me down much more. I deserve to be happy, to have the relationship I want, to have someone who is loving and supportive and reliable. He deserves those things, too.

5 comments:

Hermione said...

hi Measha,

I am so glad to hear from you again, and there are a lot of others who will tell you the same thing.

It's too bad that things are not going well in your marriage, or in the dd thing. it must be frustrating for you. All I can say is, you can't change other people; you can only change yourself. He is the way he is, and he isn't going to change, from the sound of it.

What to do? The decision is up to you. Have you thought of counselling for the two of you? That might help put things into perspective for both of you, and maybe he will listen to a third party.

Hugs,
Hermione

Aeon's Angel said...

Maesha,

I understand how you feel. Aeon and I went through several months like this and I had lost hope. I avoided my blog and others because I was ashamed of how things hadn't been going. In some ways I blamed my self. I also avoided the blog world because I felt like a fraud.

THings have improved for Aeonand I in the last few months. I hope things pick up for the 2 of you as well. You are in my thoughts.

Unknown said...

Measha,

I've been following your blog for about a year, and I think it's in part because you and TJ sound so much like my husband and I, problems and all. I can really sympathize with what you are feeling, and unfortunately do not have any simple answers. I've recently realized that my husband may have ADHD, and that his ADHD-like behaviours (procrastination, inattention, disorganization) may at least in part explain my growing anger and resentment towards him, which bounces back to him in an endless feedback loop. I 'came out' to him a couple years ago, and though he was enthusiastic at first, I knew it would be slow going and I was patient. But our problems as a couple have become worse, and I cannot fathom him as HOH right now so TTWD has gone away. Right now I'm just worried about the marriage staying together at all. I recently bought a book called 'The ADHD Effect on Marriage'. I've just started it so I don't know if it will help, but I read the intro to my husband and we both were shocked how much it sounded just like us. He is making an appointment with his doctor to discuss ADHD. I don't know if your situation is similar but thought I would mention it in case it could help. You'll be in my thoughts, and I think if you feel like posting you should - even if it's not what you wanted to post when you set up the blog, it may help sort things out.

Katia said...

Measha- It is good to see you blogging again. I'm sorry to read you are so unhappy. It is so hard when you desire something, tasted it, and then have it disappear. It causes a lot of hurt and resentment.

I hope you and TJ can work things out. I just want you to know if you ever need to vent, call me, you have my number.

Hugs
Katia

Malcolm said...

Just wondering if everything is ok with you and TJ, if he sought any professional opinion, if so what was the result, if you are still together etc

Procrastination is a hard thing to have to live with, as I know from experience.